Sunday, July 17, 2011

Three photos from the trip

So, uh, yeah, too busy having fun, skating, seeing bands, drinking beer, etc. to up my web presence while in Seattle (although rumor has it a lot of people were fascinated with the Routine Motorcycle Maintenance post). So, before I have time to recount what a killer time I had, let me just hep you to three recent photos...
Yesterday Morris, Billy, Russ, Andre and I went to skate the Kent III park (and then Mukelshoot, where we ran into Mike Lynch). We putted around the outer area of the course for a while, then got down to pad up to session the bowl and full pipe. We look over, and there are two older guys walking toward us. This super cheesy guy in a bright Hawaiian shirt said, "This is Eddie Elguera, former world champion. He skated in..." I cut him off and said, "You don't need to tell us who Eddie Elguera is!" We had seen some fliers around the park advertising Eddie's sermon at some local evangelical church -- well known fact Eddie is on the god squad and hypes it a lot. I hate proselytizing, and I'm not that thrilled about organized religion in general, but we all sat and talked to Eddie for a few minutes. I grabbed my camera to get a shot, and we all posed for a few photos. That got the kids all excited, especially since they probably had no idea who he was. Eddie then signed some autographs (one kid came up to me and asked me for my autograph, but his mother grabbed and and said, "Not him, Him!" and pointed to Eddie. They wanted to know if we wanted to go to church the next day, and laid a little of the spread-the-good-word shtick on us. Morris kept asking Eddie if he wantd to take a run, meet up tomorrow to go skate, he had a board Eddie could borrow, and shoes, too, etc. They were trying to spread the gospel, but Morris countered with an attempt to spread the Gospel of Skate. The Gospel of Skate is the only one worth spreading. Here's el Gato with us:

At the park, I want to get a photo of Russ planking, the hot new sensation that is sweeping the world. Russ was so excited he popped a boner. Upon closer inspection, you can see the tiny little people who climb on Russ' boner and inhabit his balls. Weird, Russ!

Finally, here's the new one. Notice something missing (it's taken after 2 days so it's in the healing-but-looking-a-little-crusty phase).

No comments:

Post a Comment