Friday, October 7, 2011

Some Chicks Rock


Some shit I been playing out lately. Joan Jett's "Bad Reputation" is way punker than any of her other stuff, despite the cheesy other members of her band. And since I'm still on a Gary Glitter kick, why not one of her covers of his stuff: "Do You Wanna Touch Me"? Like her flashing the bikini. Since she was in the Runaways, and I still dig playing this song out, how about some "Cherry Bomb"? I thought the recent movie wasn't too bad, although a little more Lita woulda been cool. And to round it off, is Girlschool's version of Motorhead's "Bomber" better than Motorhead's? Maybe not, and I know it sounds kinda sacrilegious, but I do dig it. Great record that, "St Valentine's Day Massacre." I'll be spinning records at a wedding reception this weekend, and youse ain't invited. But on Tuesday, I'll be spinnin' on Erratic Radio because we want the air waves! On the radio in Phoenix and streaming online, here's the info:
KWSS 106.7 FM streaming @ www.kwss.org. 8-10 pm MST Tuesday. And listen for Harley from Deadbolt's impromptu commercial for Simpler Times beer.



No comments:

Post a Comment