Thursday, April 25, 2013

Chained to Your Heart

Another in a long series of ear worms. This is one I picked up at Dick Vivian's Rooky Ricardo's Record Shop on that last trip to SF, by recommendation of Dick himself. Dude was awesome -- I told him some stuff I was looking for, what I was into, and he went through a few boxes and pulled out bunch of records for me to listen to. And as all good shops that sell used records do, of course they had some listening stations. Spent too much money -- my only complaint would be that some of the stuff is a little pricey, but at the same time, some of the stuff was priced really well. A metric shit ton of stock, I could've spent hours in there. Thanks Dick!
Bobby Moore and the Rhythm Aces was formed by Moore in 1952 in Georgia when he was in the military. He was the bandleader and a sax player. They recorded some earlier stuff that was older style (slower) R&B, but Moore recorded this jam as a solo bit in the mid-‘60s. Uptempo, killer vocals, it wails!


No comments:

Post a Comment