Friday, April 19, 2013

Evidence CXX: Ask the Dust

Back to the Dust Bowl. Hoss couldn't make it, so Brad and I headed there while Craig and Dickborg (bad back) lagged, waiting for the Courtman. Two man session for a while, cleaning up, and hanging out with the kids. Killer little session, fun bowl, nice to have some permission. Above, B-rad grinds the shallow... 
B-rad grinds the deep... 
And B-rad boardslides the shallow. 
Courtman showed up in time to thrown down some shallow grinds too. A little late on the snap -- I'm having trouble going back and forth between snapper cam and phone. 
Craig hits the box backside... 
And then frontside... 
The evidence is accompanied by minors...
Who also introduce a new kind of shredding: the one-knee, two hands shred. Still a little way to go to get to the top, but he's got a head start.
We used to call this one the Dust Bowl, and I guess I still do, because it was dusty as hell until the guys painted it. Reminded me of the book "Ask the Dust" by John Fante -- one of my favorite writers of all time. "Ask the Dust" was made into a decent film staring Salma Hayek and Colin Farrell. Not bad, not fantastic, but worth seeing for the beach scene, I guess?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment