Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Fun Fun Fun Fest

Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin was a blast. Dirt's assurances of passes evaporated weeks ago so I took care of that through Thrasher, but his promises of a place to stay and to take care of my (valuable, work-related) stuff all disappeared within minutes of my landing. Should have known, I guess. The first night set the tone, we all had a blast, the bands were great (Flag ruled!), and after a few post-fest brews at the Yellow Jacket (which became our routine), Craig and I headed to Anthony's place for more beer and an all-night jam session. Details of the Fest along with the good photos will have to wait for the upcoming issue of Thrasher, but here are a few.
Texas legends Craig Johnson and Todd Prince. 
Texas legend John Gibson. 
Texas legend Ken Fillion. 
Flag's set list. 
Flag! 
Subhumans played a bar the first night, and they wouldn't let C-Regs in with his board. WTF. He split, but I stuck around -- killer set. Saw 'em the next day, and did an interview for Thrasher. 
Nick blasting at Lockhart Park. 
Anthony smithing at Lockhart. 
Ice T! 
Big Freedia! 
Slayer! 
King Khan and the Shrines! 
Tim Kerr's John Coltrane deck. Tim is a fucking legend and the best dude ever. 
Couple of my other favorite boards... 
Jeff Phillips, RIP.
Killer Mike! 
Steve Olson was there doing art!

No comments:

Post a Comment