Thursday, January 30, 2014

Boring update, who cares, right?

So uh, yeah, fuck all to report. Arm is still jacked, so I am not skating or riding the motorbikes. Photo above is 6 weeks after the break, no surgery, no cast, but it looks like someone patched up my humerus with JB Weld. It's all good, gotta get it flexible first, then strong, then back on board.
Did get to see Fred SMith's band the Loud Ones play a record release show at the Taunton skatepark with Chuck Treece/McRad. Super fun, total blast, and above spokesmodel Big Tim blurs a grind while the band plays.
 It was rad to meet and talk to Chuck Treece a little, legendary dude, this is a Thrasher cover from May 1984.
Good buddy Gernot came from Austria to hang out, and apparently it was colder in Boston "than at the top of the highest mountain in Austria. That's some cold shit! Also in town: Brewce Martin, who I don't think remembers me right away when I see him. But when he realizes I work for Thrasher, it's non-stop, incessant "Hey, tell Jake Phelps a thing or two from me!", "That dude blackballed me!" "What's up with Jake Phelps, let's call him right now!" and other assorted jibber jabber until he leaves. Rad dude though, and Dug E. Death is in between 'em.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program of chicks on CBs? Shit, why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment