Saturday, April 26, 2014

Back in the Saddle


 I'm back. Started skating again. I've skated Attleboro once, and Doug's ramp a few times. The arm isn't quite 100%, still needs some work on flexibility and strength, and I don't want to take a hard slam, but that hasn't stopped me from scratching some grinds and cruising around. Skateboarding is the best. Above, Brewce Martin of Skatopia, FSG, and below, Pete Stroke, more of the same.

D-Rog, BSA over the weird hip. Tried to shoot this a couple different ways with a long lens, didn't come out as well as I'd like, but it's a lot gnarlier than it looks.
 Been seeing some great shows too. Shitty cell phone photos don't do them justice, but above is Jonathan Richman (who, as he told us in one of his several between-song amusing anecdotes, is from the Dick!). Such a fun time, funny banter, great music. All time great!
 Saw Dirty Fences in Providence (and tried to skate a couple DIY spots). Killer show, but the opening and headlining bands kind of blew. when Dirty Fences played, this dude in the mink jacket walked in and started dancing around. Ruler. Looks like he might be one of Rhino's relatives.
 The Banditas are Boston band, sultry singer, the opened for Holly Golightly. Cool garage, some choice covers.
 And Holly Golightly. She's legendary, and her new stuff is not like the stuff she did with thee Headcoatees. Very Americana, some funny stuff in there too, great show. I had a +1 and because I know so few people here couldn't find anyone to go with, so I went by myself. I lurked outside trying to give away my +1, but I think people thought I was weird or trying to sell them a ticket.
And this is gonna be great. I'm gonna play records at the ramp all day, and I think in between bands at the show? Dunno, I guess I'll find out. Come out and have a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment