Wednesday, September 18, 2013

No Bloggadocio, just Blagging

So, been blagging lately. Not for lack of activity -- shit's been going down! Been skating with Dug, Davey, Big Tim, and others, but just didn't take photos. Skated Attleboro last Sunday, killer BBQ session, but I didn't stop skating until it started getting dark, and everyone else had stopped, so no photos. Good food, though. Thanks Iggy!

But of course there are other loves in life. Records! Made one return visit to Deja Vu, and the nice old lady in there sold me a wood 7"box/carrier for $3, and a Shel Silverstein record for $4. He's reading stories from Where the Sidewalk Ends, and Meg and I cracked up.

I gave up on the old coot at Cheap-O Records, too much hassle, and the dude's douchey. Made a couple trips to In Your Ear, and am slowly going through their soul stuff. Pulled an original copy of Andre Williams' "Sweet Little Pussycat":
...and what I'm guessing is a somewhat obscure soul instro, "Nose Full of White" by Mr. D and the Highlights. Some kind of chilled out instro ode to the devil's dandruff? No youtube video, but you can look  it up and find it (or wait for my next soul comp CD!).
Might have a line on doing some DJing at some point... details to follow.
 
Got to see Vancouver, BC's DOA last week. Joey Shithead is punk royalty, and this is their last tour. Thanks for all the killer shows over the past 30 years, Joey! 

Will get back to at least shooting the perfunctory skate images next session. In the meantime, enjoy these shredders!
And been riding the bikes around as the temp drops. Don't mind riding in the cold -- and I've got the gear to prove it. Finding my way around Boston via motorcycle has been pretty fun when it's not frustrating, but I'm getting there. How about meeting up with the Runaways by bike? 
Little cold for this kind of activity... 
And before I go, one for the ladies.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment