Saturday, September 15, 2012

CB175, CB400F

Got a CB175 for $200. We bought it for Vargas, so he'd have some solid exhaust for his 175. I did some tinkering, rebuilt carbs, changed oil, new plugs, and the beastie fired up first kick. It's got 4K original miles on it. I found some CL pipes at Bob's, and cut off the muffler last night. I'm working on the tank -- it's got a couple dings and needs a recoating. Seat cover is as crispy as a saltine. This one is for sale now for cheap, but the more work I do and the cooler it looks the more the price goes up... 
Finally got exhaust seals for the CB400F. This is what the custom 4-4 exhaust Brock made me looks like when it's all wrapped up and mounted. Still might go with the 4-1 stock. We'll see how the thing runs. Got one side of the coils mounted --  I had to grind down part of the mounts on the dyna coils. Wiring and firing this weekend?
PS Put ina couple hours today on the 175. Stripped the seat and turn signals, the rear peg and exhaust mounts, the gauges and gauge mount, and headlight. Continued stripping the tank, now it needs some sanding and a little filling. Exhaust mounted and bolted in. Carbs dialed it -- I wouldn't say she purrs, more like she growls. Got a CB160 headlight bucket and speedo in there, and you can see the aftermarket tach that I'll mount somewhere. Tomorrow is gonna be putting on the clip ons and replacing some of the cables -- luckily I have most of what I need for everything lying around, including old but functioning cables from the 160 when I put all new ones on that. Tail section needs to be built, and I'm gonna get some pods for it too. Tires... Then this baby is done and gonna be on the road.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment