Friday, September 7, 2012

Deep Soul Weekend

Gotta get some work done on the bikes this weekend, get OPBs outta my yard, get the 400F going, get the 175 running. Going back to Seattle left me nostalgic. Killer time, great friends, killer skate spots -- the parks are way, way better than here in AZ. check out these tracks by Ron Buford, Seattle native, from 1965. Amazing dope, I've been spinnin' this one non-stop playing out. The single is around, but can also be had on the Wheedle's Groove box set from Light in the Attic. It's a 10-record box set, all Seattle soul. I dig the earler stuff, but gotta say the later, disco-ey stuff ain't really my bag. Still -- a worthy score if you can track it down. 
 
 
The Space Needle as it originally appeared for the 1962 World's Fair in Seattle. 

They painted it white after that, and that's the way I remember it ever since I was a kid growing up in Seattle. Bot for the 50th anniversary, they repainted the top orange. I was looking forward to seeing it when I got there, and it was pretty freakin' awesome. Not enough orange-topped towers these days, in my humble opinion.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment