Saturday, October 13, 2012

CB175 Named Gary

The CB175 is coming along. Took some time to paint it, and went for the gold glitter paint (hence the bike's name: Gary). The paint is cool but took a while to cover everything decently. Sprayed three layers of clear coat, and then brushed on two more. It ain't perfect, but it looks pretty cool. Tank is coated, I just need a new o-ring for the petcock. The air filter set up looks good and works well. Reconnected the wiring, still got a few bugs, but the engine fired right up. Gotta reconnect some cables too, and take care of the rear brake. Then finish the seat and hide the battery. Connecting a new clutch cable today I found the rat's nest below when I opened the cover. Once I got the new cable on there, I fired it up and it shifts through all five gears smoothly. It's a runner. Gotta finish up the headlight as well, and figure out where to mount the tach. 
Clutch cover rat's nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment