Wednesday, March 20, 2013

More evidence of shitwiggery


Great, the internet is virtually humming with evidence of shitwiggery from the late-80s and early-90s. Above, my amateur check out in Poweredge circa 1988 or 1989. Yeah, I guess I am not afraid to embarass myself in front of the whole internet or whatever. Hurricane at Granny's ramp, crail at this indoor ramp in Renton, and B-to-T at Alec Schroeder's ramp in LA. Answers are kind of funny -- including my desire, at age 20, to be able to skate pools better. I think I do now, especially living in AZ where they are plentiful. This check out is what got me from the "B" team on Alva ($20 boards, $10 wheels) to the "A" team. Cameron Martin did the interview -- kind of a tit-for-tat as a few months earlier I did his check out.

Bottom photo is at a contest in Oregon, photo courtesy of Steve Wright. Used to go down there with Alva stuff to sell, make much party, and skate whatever in the OASA and NSA contests. I wound up announcing a lot of the OASA contests after I lost interest in entering them.

Viva la shitwig!

No comments:

Post a Comment