Monday, June 3, 2013

Motorbikes!

I went over to Doug's place about 2 months ago to help him tune up his friend's CB100. That thing is a piece of work, but it was running a little rough. Checked ignition point, cleaned plug, pulled and cleaned carb, checked timing, put the tank back on and nothing. Checked for spark -- no spark. Thought that the condenser might've shorted out -- rubber on top had worn out and you could see bare metal on a wire. I had to split, wanted to get my continuity tester, so we left it at that. More than a month of phone tag, finally Doug brings it over. It sits for a few days, then Saturday I get to it. As I switch out condenser and point and gap it, I realize that there was no spark because putting on the gas tank tugged a wire loose and out of it's connector. Piece of cake, and nothing a zip tie can't fix. Bike is up and running, but needs a new chain badly -- and rear sprocket. And clutch. And... well, you get the idea. Cool little bike, though. Background: 1969 CB160, 1973 CB350F, 1972 CB350. Flight of the C-bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment