Friday, July 19, 2013

Blagging: Leaving Here

Been blagging -- lagging on blogging -- because I've got a ton of shit to do, what with moving to Boston in 4 days. I even have photos from a session I haven't posted yet. Blagging. I will get to it. In the meantime, enjoy the original of "Leaving Here" by Eddie Holland (and penned by the Motown hit writers Holland-Dozier-Holland). Never did that well: 76 on the Billboard top 100, 27 on the R&B charts. The Birds (not the Byrds and featuring Ronnie Wood!) did it too:
But perhaps most famous (at least among my friends) is the Motorhead version. In fact, most think/assume it's a Motorhead song (just as they think "Emergency" is a Motorhead song -- nope, Girlschool).
 
Regardless, shit's hectic because I'm leaving here.

No comments:

Post a Comment