Monday, July 1, 2013

Week in the Life

Crazy week last week. Saw Voodoo organist on Tuesday night -- theramine-fueled mayhem a little in line with Reverend Beat Man or Quintron. Whoa... Went to check out a truck on Wednesday AM -- been looking for something with low miles but modern, and my budget of $3K wan't cutting it, so I took the plunge and got a low-mile truck (60K): a 1960 Chevy Apache, 6 cylinder 235, manual trans. Bought it on the spot, loaded my bike, but it had no plate. I was just going to burl it home, but then decided to call on the spot to make sure I got insurance. So I did that. I was out in Deer Valley, but I figured I would check to see how close the MVD (yes, in AZ it's MVD) was. It was close, so I figured I would get the paperwork done. Super long line, almost left, but stuck it out. $17 registration through Nov 14. On the way back, got a flat, with a AZHP motocop right behind me. He ran my bike, ran the truck and sat and bullshitted with me for 1.5 hours until my roadside assistance called and said they couldn't find me, but his buddy in the AZHP showed up, jacked it up, and we threw on the spare. Lucky I got the paperwork in order. Next on the agenda: new tires and a jack. Drove it to the shop, and by Friday I had the thumbs up on compression, transmission, spark, etc. It's a runner. Now I need tires, new window, jack, etc. 
Hot Carl at the Dephinger show at the PV that night. Other bands from Austin, didn't get their names, but good time. 
Thursday was a rip-ride at the mini ramp Dixon just made. FSR on the extension. 
Thursday night was my final night DJing Soulville at the Time Out Lounge. Started doing a soul night once a month for old soul, Northern soul, and primitive R&B. Some decent turnouts and a couple great ones, and I met Karen Hatman-Tellez, who sat in for the last three times and killed it. She might continue it, and if so there's a chance I might be able to come back and sit in on her night!
Soulville 6
Soulville 5 
Soulville 4
Soulville 3 
Soulville 2 
Soulville 1
Thanks everyone who came out! 
Friday Meg got into town. Her flight was 3.5 hours late, but I went to the show, picked her up when she texted, brought her a dress to change into in the PHX airport while I drove a lap, and then we got there in time to see thee Oh Nos reunion (at least 4 songs). Grave Danger and Mission Creeps also played (great bands), and it was at a gay bar/vintage store, and they had a vintage fashion show with some of our friends as models. Above, tranny go-go dancer dancing to the Mission Creeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment