Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Adventures of Shitwig, Part III

Cody Boat saw this one up in PDX in a collage of Chris Brunkhart photos. This was a pool we skated around 1989 or 1990 (late shitwig period) in Issaquah. Chris used a photo of me on the cover of his mag, Boardsports Northwest. Yeah, kind of a weird name, maybe going for the all-inclusive angle there, although at the time it was skating and snowbrucing.

I went to this one with Mike Ranquet once. We were skating and a cop came through the house with his gun drawn and pointed at us, as we are shitting our pants in the shallow end. He's barking shit at us like, "What the hell are you doing?" "Uh, skating?" we answered. "Outta the pool!" He pointed the gun at our heads and directed us to stand against a wall. He went through our pockets, and felt a camera in mine. "What is that!" he barked. "A camera," I replied. He had the gun pointed at my head from about 2 feet away. It was gnarly. He then handcuffed my left wrist to Mike's right wrist, and led us out to his car, where he locked us in. Despite the fact that we told him it was just us two, and we hadn't even been inside the house, he told us he was going in to check the rest of the house. While he was in the house, I got out my camera and took a photo of Mike and me in the back of the cop car. Still have it somewhere -- and I published it in Pool Dust. Maybe I will have to dig it out. He came back in 5 minutes, and told us to wait while he called the realtor. When he got in touch with the realtor, he or she said no problem, just let us go, so we split, nervously laughing.

I went back a month or so later, figuring that if the realtor didn't care, it was on. Another cop showed up, and I and Eric Nadler got tickets since we'd been warned before. I showed up to court totally unprepared, but Nadler had a public pretender. I asked if he would cover me too, or handle us together, and he reluctantly agreed. We got off with 6 months probation. A little over 6 months later, they were tearing down the pool, so we went back for some final rides as the workers were there to tear it down. Should I find the Ranquet photo, and/or the cover shot? Here's some other shit I ripped offa Facespace.
Me, rock 'n' roll. 
Davey Rogers, FSA. 
Amy Browne, Russ Browne, Davey and Me as they are tearing it down.

Davey Rogers and a page from a zine he never put out.

No comments:

Post a Comment