Sunday, June 24, 2012

Let's not forget the bikes

Been turning some wrenches lately. First and foremost, Got my CB400F engine back finally, after abandoning a couple options on the rebuild. New everything, polished covers. Gonna get a Dyna ignition for it, think I've got some Dyna coils that will work too. Got my work cut out for me -- I'm leaving town for a couple days but when I get back it's time to get this sucker dialed in. Thanks Hoss for helping me unload. It's truly a thing of beauty. 
Still working on mine and some OP's. Left to right: CB160, CB350F, SR250, CB200, and BSA C15. 
With some stuff outside too. Left to right: Laura's CB400F, CB350F frame for CB400F engine, CB750 ('71) waiting for time, Trent's 1977 CB550. So nice to see Laura's completely stock CB400F, killer bike, killer lines. Did some work to it over the past coupe days: valve adjust, points check, new plugs, carb cleaning, master cylinder rebuild, relined tank. When the tank cures (and I get back to town) it'll be ready to fire up, then timing and carb sync, and a few electrical glitches (and maybe a new battery), and let's not forget a wash... and she'll be set. 
Caught in a vise... those snap rings are such a bitch to get out, but got it done and rebuilt.
Looks like a bloody mess, but I went with the Red Coat once again to reline the tank, 2-step process not the 3-step of POR-15 (and no need to force air through to dry).

1 comment: