Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Big Skate Week

Big shred week, managed to get four sessions in. So funny when I think about how, as a kid from the ages of, say, 12 to 22 or so, I would skate every day, sometimes all day. I miss those days, but I don't think I'd be walking if I kept it up. Four sessions a week for me here in Boston in pretty good. Got to Attleboro Sunday, then hit Newburyport midweek, covered elsewhere. Friday, Dug hit me up and I broke out to skate the Jamaica Plain DIY spot. One word: tight. Not tight like, "tiiiiight!", but like, tight transitions. Fun, cool scene, good group of kids ripping it up, cool spot. Above, Dug rips one over the titty. But not so great on Lundermuffin's knees.
Yeah, I know it doesn't look like much, but it's a deep bruise right on my knee. Thought I did some internal damage, but I think I'm gonna be good. Always get hurt before going back to AZ I guess.
Figured the knee was gonna be good when I took some runs at Attleboro. some talk about a Halloween party, but nothing really materialized other than a kick ass session with some kick ass dudes (special guest appearance, (fellow) Alva dog Murph). Photo above is Pete, and if you look closely you'll notice he does these slight ollies into his frontside grinds. Gnarly.
Hoodies, jackets, and the flaming barrel are going to be the norm from here on out, I suppose.
Pete felt the need to climb a tree and rock an impromptu rope swing. We kept telling him not to, then changed our tune and egged him on.
Sketchy, but he pulled it. Stayed at the ramp and bullshitted 'til dark. Another good time at Attleboro.
Saturday night it was off to Worcester, to meet up with Davey, Pete, and the crew, and see Dug's band Nothing But Enemies play a punk costume party in a killer DIY spot. Note the guy getting pushed down in the background as he's trying to get up. Shit's gnarly out there!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment