Monday, October 21, 2013

Nothing But Enemies, and back to Attleboro


Been under the weather, not skating, not doing much. Got my CB160 super dialed in and it's running the best it's ever run, so that's something I guess. Water heater burst in the basement, so we lost some shit including a lot of Black Sparrow books (Fante, Bukowski, etc.). Gotta total that shit up and see if it's worth an insurance claim. Saturday got to see Dug E Death's band Nothing but Enemies play in Boston. Killer show, much punk, good time.
Got back to Attleboro for a Sunday session. Big Tim blasts the big hip. 
Stoked to finally hang out with Kevin Day. Boston legend, I first skated with him in 1988, then again some time in the mid-90s. I missed him when he came to Seattle as I had shoulder surgery a few years back, but there he was at Attleboro yesterday, talking shit, hyping people up, and offering up baffling skate trivia questions such as who invented the backside rock 'n' roll, who invented the backside ollie, etc. I got him with the ollie blunt -- he thought it was D. Way, but truth be told, Aaron Dieter from Seattle did it first. Stoked to do some more boardin' with this guy (and I won't be the oldest dude at the session).
I'm a putz for forgetting this guy's name, but he ripped a big stalefish. I got to get some practice shooting with my fancypants digital SLR, still figuring shit out. Better get it wired as I am going to Austin in 2 weeks to shoot Fun Fun Fun Fest for Thrasher.
 

2 comments:

  1. Kevin Day is a badass and great to skate with... I used to skate the old ZT Maximus ramp and the C-pool with him. I've been out in AZ for a couple decades now, but I'm happy to know he's still skating up in the North East.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin's ripping! Legendary dude!

    ReplyDelete