Monday, September 5, 2011

CB350F still getting there...


CB350F is coming along. Shaved off handlebar mounts on the triple tree, mounted and wired the tach, got the CB400F pegs and linkage working properly (they set the pegs back about 6 inches), got the tail light and license plate bracket mounted and wired (on the left side shock), cut some foam for the seat. I put on a dorky mirror for now -- it's street legal so I might register it and ride it around a little. Got some exhaust tips from JC Whitney, but they sent the wrong ones, so I got them for free (although I like better the ones I wanted to order...). Gott rig up some exhaust, get the tank sorted, get a rear tire, cover the seat. When it's all done, gonna rip out the engine and rebuild it and powder coat the frame and some of the other bits. Got a completely immaculate (dent free!) CB350F tank yesterday, and some amazing ceramic coated Kerker 4-1 exhaust for my buddy's CB550K from this old geezer Stan, who's got a yard full of old bikes. He's another story for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment