Monday, September 19, 2011

More evidence of shitwiggery!

More evidence of the shitwig. Del Mar membership card, no photo, skated it right before it closed, July 1987. Went to Pipeline three times, once I was injured and couldn't skate. Shitwig is coming in nice in that photo, though. Too many stories to tell from those trips. Pipeline closed in 1988.

Lower card is from 1987, I think, pre-shitwig, and the upper card is from 1988 -- shitwig coming in nicely. Kevin Harris' Richmond Skate Ranch is what allowed us Seattle vert skaters to ride through the winter. Couple weekends a month, that's where'd we be.

Fort Skate in Colorado, 1990, just prior to shearing the shitwig. I delivered a car there -- a Volkswagen Scirroco, to Ryan Monihan's sister Amy, for some cash. She had a one-way ticket for me back to Seattle, but the ticket was in her name. So she checked in at the counter, gave me the ticket, and I used it. She gave me a hug at the gate and said "Bye Ah-mey" pronouncing it like some French guy's name. Worked, though, made the flight. Other card is the famous Turf, during the second revival, 1993, long, long post-shitwig. We got caught sneaking in, and the manager kicked us out. We bought wigs at a yard sale the next morning, and got back in. This is from the first time I went there, when my girlfriend at the time's sister was getting married in Madison.




Michael Burnett, pre running the Thrasher show. I think it's a photo fo Texas Dan. On the back, Mike wrote Texas Dan's #.

Rick Kosick in the Poweredge days, pre-Big Brother. I met him through Alec Schroeder (Ben Schroeder's brother), who was the editor of Poweredge. He came to Seattle a couple times, and we stayed at his house and skated his ramp. I wrote some stuff for Poweredge, and my am checkout is what got me moved to the a-team on Alva. On the back of this card are directions to the San Juan Capistrano pool, one of the perks of skating for Alva at the time. Thanks TA and Daddy Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment