Monday, July 2, 2012

CB350F/400F engine in, carbs on

Thanks to Brock over at Hedkase Cycles! He came over on a lazy Sunday afternoon and helped me wedge that CB400F engine into the CB350F frame. The powdercoating made for a snug fit -- had to sand down a little by the rear mounts. But it's in there! Thanks Buddy! 
Did I tell you I found a CB77 speedo/tach combo for $80? These things sell for $200 and up, especially these old ones where the RPMs increase counter-clockwise. I have a CB160 speedo set up in the headlight bucket, but this is the exact smae size and will allow me to eliminate the external tach. Both speedo and tach work, and it's from a low-mileag bike (4K miles!). 
Got the carbs re-jetted and mounted up, with air filters. Needs cables, wiring, chain, seat completed, Dynatech electronic ignition set up, front fender, tail light, pegs and linkage, exhaust... not much else. It's coming together. This thing is gonna scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment