Friday, June 6, 2014

Evidence CLIV: Return to Phoenix



Made a quick trip back to Phoenix to take care of some house stuff, do some skating and moto scavenging, and head to San Diego for a day. More barnified coverage coming soon, but here’s your first taste. Above: the evidence remains in a killer pool we skated a while ago. House is empty again. Below, Court gets in a couple licks. I didn't take many photos at this session since it was my first time skating a pool since I broke my arm.



 I'm not a big fan of posting photos of myself, but Hoss got me in a grind over the ladder, slo-mo style.

 Made a side trip to Stan's. On this trip to PHX, I had some motorcycle stuff I was looking for. Stan's got a yard of about 40 bikes in various states of disrepair, and I was looking for an option for a CB350F exhaust. Didn't find anything, but had a hoot chatting with Stan, who raced Indians and BSAs in the 1950s. He's got dogs running all over, including inside the house, and it smells like piss and shit, but there's some cool stuff there. Just don't ask me where it is: those who know don't tell, those who tell don't know. Below, his 1939 Indian, and below that, his 1950's BSA 500cc single racer.


Since Stan didn't have what I was after, I made a couple trips to Bob's salvage. Love those guys, love that place, and came outta there with new tires and tubes, 350F exhaust, 350F tool tray, and a bunch of bits and pieces I was after or will use in the future. Also a touch of the heat stroke after a couple of hours digging around aqnd pulling shit in the yard on a 108-degree day. I also spotted a couple CB125s -- I had one on the line here in MA but hadn't seen it up close, so I wanted to make sure I could get rims, exhaust and a carb if I needed to. Yep, Bob's had a couple.
ASU, such a progressive place with their longboard racks. Talk about Barnified!

No comments:

Post a Comment