Monday, June 16, 2014

Evidence CLVI: Last Days in Phoenix

My trip to PHX was winding down... I had don a shit ton of work to the house to get it ready for the new renters, but there was always some time to skate. Hoss had heard tale of a good one in Mesa, so we followed some coordinates and set sail. Turned out to be a bit of a stinker, but we got our grinds in. Left behind some evidence...
 And on the way home scoped another. A little dark, maybe this one will be around for next time?
 My last day in Phoenix we had a treat, thanks to Brian at Old Man Army. He'd been hitting a permission in Mesa that was slated for destruction, and we were gonna skate it the last day it was going. The owner had instructed the demo crew to leave the coping, so they did, but everything else was dirt. The sun fucked with your eyes for a while, but the transitions were buttery and the Anthony was not too cruel. Fun time, big session, open beers, and hoots and hollers, the way we like it. Below, Brian gets a BSG. I didn't take too many photos as I was skating the whole time...

 Frog, BSG.

 Craig, BSG.
 Was stoked to skate with Jean, been a long time sister!
Planted the evidence.
Always funny to see the jizz mobile. Dude ran through a jizz storm and still hasn't washed his car!
Had lunch with Trent at the Supreme Chicken. If red dye #5 don't scare you this shit is bomb diggity.

Thanks to all of my Phoenix friends for making my stay such a good one, wish I could have seen everyone I wanted to, glad I got to see the Father Figures but bummed I missed Scorpion Vs Tarantula, sorry for lighting off the roman candle Wes, I can't help it if I see fireworks, thanks for letting me ride your CB200 around Maaike -- now change that oil and get a new throttle cable!, thanks to the Bitches from Hell, thanks to the Scabs and the usual skate buddies, and the OMA dudes, Good to see Janet and Aiden and Jessica, and thanks to everyone who made my SD trip a blast too!

1 comment: