Wednesday, June 29, 2011

always in fashion

So every year at holidays when my four brothers and sister are over at my dad's place, with all of the spouses and kids and friends and whoever, it never fails that one of my older brothers will comment on this photo that sits right next to my dad's dining room table:
Yep, that's me, right in the middle, about 10 or 11 years old or so. Every year I'm subjected to ridicule by my siblings, as though at age 10 or 11 I was responsible for choosing what the hell I was going to wear when we all went in to Yen Lui Studios to get our picture taken. For some reason my twin brother Dave isn't subjected to the same ridicule for his killer plaid pants -- he's subjected to ridicule for other reasons. Last year at Christmas, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Actually, I made this decision at Christmas '09 for Christmas '10 -- thinking ahead. I was going to find a plaid jacket and bowtie and kill it. Luckily enough, I found at Tiedeman's a plaid jacket that fits and is almost identical to the one in the picture. Got a blue bow tie on Ebay, but I couldn't quite pull the bowl cut. Yes, my mom actually pulled out a mixing bowl on more than one occasion and gave me and my brother hair cuts. So I rocked it:
Instead of my brothers and sister I had the lovely Meg with me, even better ('cause she puts out!). People liked it (and if you look closely, you can see the back side of Mr Nubbins, as well as a tall can of Peter's Dutch style pilsner -- it's German -- and a large helping of meat). The crowd went wild, and one sibling's significant other who shall remain nameless believed me when I said it was the same jacket, and tha tI had just gotten the sleeves taken out a little. Ha!

1 comment: