Saturday, December 3, 2011

Killer tank, Meg flies solo, New bars and wiring for Maaike

Killer day. Went to Bob's to get some stuff for Maaike and my CB400/350F frankenproject. Bob's is seriously the best spot to feed my addiction: acres of scrap bikes, rows of tanks and exhaust, and cheap tires and other goodies in the shop. For the past two years or so they've been scouring swap meets for chopper/bobber goodies as well. Here's a slightly bigger version of the usual trucker girl motif. Got a few doo-dads, and Maaike got tires and new bars and grips. I think every time I go to Bob's I am gonna have to go with a girl -- the guys there love it, and instead of me doing all the work to change the tire. Tyler from the shop came out and did all the work. And of course he got teased by me and the otehr guys in the shop. Tyler rules though, and he's been hanging out a little bit. Might meet us at Bob Log tonight (Scorpion vs Tarantula and Grave Danger playing too!). I'm not sure what I want to start calling Bob Log. Either the Bob Logs, or Bob's Log. Suggestions?

While Maaike and I were wrenching on her bike, and cursing in frustration at the wonky wiring job the last dude did (wires that weren't hooked up to anything, for example, because he cut them and spliced in a new wire -- without telling me!), Meg snuck off twice for her first and second solo rides. Yeah Meggers! She's killin' it. That's my girl (with her SR250).

So, uh, yeah, wiring was a bitch, but we finally got Maaike's 1976 CB200 sorted with clubmans and new grips. Working on a cafe solo seat next. And then a top-end rebuild...

No comments:

Post a Comment